Sealed item rate tenders are invited from eligible contractors in a single cover system for the “Work of providing and replacing damaged floor tiles to the specified rooms” at National Institute of Speech & Hearing, Akkulam, Thiruvananthapuram.
1. Tender Ref No
2. Name of Work
: Providing flooring tiles at NISH
: Akkulam, Trivandrum
: National Institute of Speech & Hearing (NISH)
5. Tender fee
: ₹500/- inclusive of taxes(12%GST)
6. EMD amount
: ₹5, 000/- (DD in Favor of Executive Director, NISH)
7. Time of Completion
: 30 Days
: Consultant/Personnel authorized by NISH
9. Date of commencement
: 7 days after issuance of work order /AOC
10. Taxes & Duties included
: All taxes including work contract tax, duties, octroi, freight, insurance etc shall be included in the quoted price
11. ESI & Labour Welfare Fund
: Contribution towards ESI & Labour Welfare fund shall be included in the quoted price
12. Defect Liability Period
: 12 months from the date of completion as certified by the consultant
: All risk insurance to be taken by the contractor and proof to be submitted to the client.
2. FLOORING WORK– SCOPE OF WORK
Existing floor tiles are damaged in some of the staff rooms in Dhyan building. It is required to provide floor tiles to these specified rooms and carry out related works in complete.
3. DOCUMENTS REQUIRED ALONG WITH THE TENDER
The following documents should be attached along with the tender.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS
6. CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
1. In constructing these conditions, the specifications, the priced schedule of quantities, tender and agreement, the following words shall have the meanings herein assigned to them except where the subject or context otherwise requires: -
2. Schedule of Program shall mean the contractor’s detailed work program prepared and submitted before the work.
3. The rate shall be unit rate for each item of work
4. Safety measures: Contractor shall take necessary insurance for labour material and work at his own cost. Contractor shall practice safety measures as per the National Building Code. It is the sole responsibility of the contractor to see that equipment/ form work etc is handled by skilled persons with adequate experience.
5. Settlement of disputes: Generally the instructions of Engineer in-charge shall be final and contractor shall carry out works as per his instructions. Any other disputes either in measurements or in quality, consultant/architect opinion shall be final.
6. Extra item: It is clarified that for all authorized extra items, rates will be worked as per condition is given in ‘General Condition’
7. Recovery: Water and energy charges shall be metered and recovered from the contractors. All necessary metering equipment and accessories shall be installed and maintained in accordance with KSEB/KWA Regulations and all the cost shall be afforded by the contractor.
8. Materials and Workmanship: Materials not confirming to the specification shall be removed from the site of work immediately on the instructions of the engineer in charge at contractor’s own cost. Skilled workmen in the opinion of the site in charge, if found inefficient shall be replaced by excellent regular skilled labour. Contractor shall not employee apprentice worker in the site.
7. SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
8. SAFETY CODE
Interested parties may send the tender documents duly filled up, signed and inserted in a sealed cover should forward to the Executive Director, National Institute of Speech & Hearing, NISH Road, Sreekariyam P. O., Thiruvananthapuram 695 017 on or before 14:30 hrs, 09/08/2019 super scribed with "Tenders for the flooring tile works at NISH” Which will be opened at 15:00 Hrs. on the same day.
Tender Inviting Authority
The Rights of Persons with Disabilities (RPwD) Act, 2016 provides for web accessibility, which means persons with disabilities (PwD) should be able to perceive, understand, navigate, interact with, and contribute to the Web and access all content. This two-day workshop is designed to help participants understand how users with disabilities interact with websites and how assistive technologies help enhance their experience. Besides generating awareness of the importance of web accessibility from an organizational and regulatory perspective, the participants will gain insights into designing and developing accessible websites addressing the needs of diverse users. Participants will also learn to apply web content accessibility guidelines WCAG 2.1 to audit institutional websites.
Who will benefit from participation?
The workshop is designed primarily for individuals responsible for managing and maintaining government and other institutional websites. It will also benefit web developers who need to gain awareness and preliminary knowledge of web accessibility standards and techniques.
Prof. Divakaran Liginlal, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, U.S.A
Dr Akila Surendran and Mr Shaji S.V.
National Institute of Speech & Hearing, Thiruvananthapuram, India
Course Fees: ₹1000 (Rupees One Thousand)
(covers lunch & tea on both days)
To register, scan the QR code above,
or browse URL: bit.ly/12082019
Date: 12 - 13 August 2019
Venue: National Institute of Speech and Hearing, NISH Road, Sreekariyam PO., Thiruvananthapuram
Day 1 (12 Aug 2019)
10:00 am - 12:00 pm Session 1 – Fundamentals of Web accessibility
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm Lunch Break
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm Session 2 - The Case for Web Accessibility
2:30 pm - 3:00 pm Tea Break
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm Session 3 - Inclusive Design of Websites
Day 2 (13 Aug 2019)
10:00 am - 12:00 pm Session 4 – Development of Accessible Websites
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm Lunch Break
1:30 pm - 3:00 pm Session 5 - Accessibility Auditing Methods and Tools
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm Tea Break
3:30 pm - 4:30 pm Workshop Wrap-up, Reflections, and Feedback
Venue: National Institute of Speech & Hearing, Thiruvananthapuram
Session 1: Fundamentals of Web Accessibility
Discuss the importance of web accessibility and the common barriers for diverse users.
Learning Outcome: Understand how users with disabilities interact with websites and how assistive technologies help enhance their experience.
Session 2: The Case for Web Accessibility
Discuss applicable legislations and the benefits of complying with web accessibility standards, such as increased web traffic and better SEO visibility.
Learning Outcome: Gain an understanding of the requirements and policies established by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1) standards and the Guidelines for Indian Government Websites.
Session 3: Inclusive Design of Websites
Examine the application of inclusive design principles for enhanced user experience considering the needs of a target audience.
Learning Outcomes: Understand and apply inclusive design principles to build aesthetically pleasing websites.
Session 4: Development of Accessible Websites
Study key web development techniques including the use of authoring tools that impact accessibility.
Learning Outcome: Gain insights into how to craft a final solution that meets the needs of a large base of website users with differing cognitive and physical abilities.
Session 5: Accessibility Auditing Methods and Tools
Use accessibility tools and technologies including screen readers to audit organizational websites for compliance with standards and regulations.
Learning Outcomes: Understand and apply web content accessibility guidelines (WCAG) and assistive tools and technologies to audit organizational websites.
Competitive and sealed tenders in a single cover are invited from eligible contractors having valid contractor's license for providing electrical works to the new setting up News Studio in Thejas building at National Institute of Speech & Hearing (NISH).
Specifications and quantity are attached in Annexure 1.
1. Eligibility Criteria: The tender should contain below documents duly signed and sealed by the authorized representative of Bidder Company.
1.1. Only the authorized dealers of brands mentioned in the schedule of quantities (Annexure 1) who should have service facilities inside Kerala need only quote for the tender.
1.2. Tender fee and EMD to be paid in the form of DD in favour of Executive Director, NISH
1.3 Letter from OEM assuring after sales maintenance & service
1.4 Proof of experience in executing similar works
1.5. Copy of PAN card
1.6 Copy of GST registration
1.7. Quoted price in the format mentioned in Annexure 1
1.8. Standard product warranty documents
1.9. Furnish necessary brochures containing details of the model, technical specification, material etc of the units.
1.10. The proposed electrical work and related products should qualify required sound level (reverberation) for the news studio as approved by the personnel authorized by NISH.
2. Tender Terms and Conditions
2.1 The rate quoted should be inclusive of all Taxes, transportation charges and other charges if any.
2.2 Tenders without EMD and required documents as mentioned above will be summarily rejected.
2.3 Time of work completion: 45 days from the receipt of purchase & installation order.
2.4 Liquidated Damages: If the work is not completed in the specified time, the contractor will be levied liquidated damages @0.5% per week subject to a maximum of 5% of the contract amount.
2.5 The quantities indicated in the BOQ are only probable quantities and are liable to alteration by omission, reduction or addition. Payment shall be made on the basis of actual quantities of work done at the accepted rate.
2.6 Tender validity: The tenders submitted shall remain valid for acceptance for a period of one twenty days from the date of opening.
2.7 The work shall be carried out under the directions and supervision of electrical consultant/personnel authorised by NISH.
2.8 The contractor shall carry out the work without causing inconvenience to the officials working at NISH premises and must remove the debris generated daily from the premises.
2.9 In carrying out the work the contractor shall comply with the provisions of the safety code, labour laws, statutory rules and regulations of Government made thereunder from time to time.
2.10 Complaints if any with the items supplied should be rectified/replaced to the satisfaction of the NISH by the supplier at their own cost.
2.11 No advance Payment will be made to the supplier and payment made only after the supply and installation of the items at our site.
3. Tender fee and Earnest money: The Tenders shall be accompanied with Tender fee of ₹600/-(Rupees six hundred only) including applicable taxes and Earnest money amounting to ₹4,500/-(Rupees four thousand only) payable in favour of The Executive Director, NISH at Trivandrum as Demand Draft. The Earnest money shall be refunded to the unsuccessful tenderer after the work is finalized and awarded.
4. Concerned parties may send the tenders along with their profile. Tender documents duly filled up, signed and kept in a sealed cover and should be forwarded to the Executive Director, National Institute of Speech & Hearing, NISH Road, Sreekariyam P.O., Thiruvananthapuram 695 017 on or before 14:30 Hrs. 26/07/2019 (Date extended). On the top of the cover shall be superscripted with "Providing electrical works to the news studio." Quotations will be opened at 15:00 Hrs. on the same day.
5. NISH Authorities reserve the rights to accept or reject any tender or part thereof or all the tenders without assigning any reason thereof.
Executive Director (I/c)
Tender Inviting Authority.
NISH is in need of 25 Mbps (1:1) dedicated Internet access (Internet Leased Line) from reputed ISPs. Sealed Tenders are invited from reputed ISP for providing dedicated leased line as per the scope of work.
1. Scope of Work
NISH is planning to have 25 Mbps (1:1) Dedicated Internet Leased Line bandwidth to support Internet access for Video Conference and other General use as a backup. The services shall be completely managed by the bidder and bidder has to ensure an uptime of 99.5%, Bidders are requested to quote for the required items detailed in Annexure 1.
2. Functional Requirements:-
2.1. Cabling /Installation.
2.2. Activation and commissioning of Internet Services.
2.3. Installation of software/hardware for controlling the access and managing the bandwidth and installation of router/modem if any at customer premises.
2.4. Testing of services during installation.
2.5. Customer support including troubleshooting on-site during the service period.
3. Value-Added Services to be specified:
3.1. No. of public IP provided for Internet leased line.
3.2. Response time should also be clearly indicated to resolve the problems along with the clear escalation matrix.
4. Tender Terms &Conditions:
4.1. The ISP should have Category ‘A’ ISP license from Govt. of India
4.2. ISP should be having their own last-mile connectivity.
4.3. Last-mile should be either on underground Fiber or RF (RF- only licensed spectrum to avoid any interference in future)
4.4. The ISP should be capable of providing both voice and data from their network
4.5. Network Availability: More than 99.50 % per month.
4.6. Latency: Less than 350 ms from ISP’s tier 1 peering point
4.7. Packet Losses: Less than 1 %
4.8. The services can be terminated at any point of time if service provider not able to maintain their Service Level Agreement or with frequent disconnection.
4.9. The bidders are requested to quote for dedicated 25 Mbps (1:1) for unlimited download and upload.
4.10. Price quoted should be firm & not interlinked to any variable factor & should include all taxes, duties etc. No contingency payments shall be allowed.
4.11. Bidders not complying with the tender conditions or not providing complete information as mentioned in the tender shall not be considered and hence out rightly rejected.
4.12. Tender fee and Earnest money: The Tenders shall be accompanied with Tender fee of ₹1000/-(Rupees one thousand only) including applicable taxes and Earnest money amounting to ₹5, 000/-(Rupees five thousand only) payable in favour of The Executive Director, NISH at Trivandrum as Demand Draft. The Earnest money shall be refunded to the unsuccessful tenderer after the work is finalized and awarded.
4.13. Concerned parties may send the tenders along with their profile. Tender documents duly filled up, signed and kept in a sealed cover and should be forwarded to the Executive Director, National Institute of Speech & Hearing, NISH Road, Sreekariyam P.O., Thiruvananthapuram 695 017 on or before 14:30 Hrs. 26/08/2019 (Date extended). On the top of the cover shall be superscripted with “Dedicated 25 Mbps Leased line (1:1) Internet connection” and tenders will be opened at 15:00 Hrs. on the same day.
4.14. NISH Authorities reserve the rights to accept or reject any tender or part thereof or all the tenders without assigning any reason thereof and also to change any clauses/items/condition in the tender document.
Tender Inviting authority
NISH has an integrated campus where students with hearing impairment and students with normal hearing share the same campus. The following programs are offered at NISH
1. BSc. Computer Science (HI)
2. Bachelor of Fine Arts (HI)
3. Bachelor of Commerce (HI)
Admission open. Last Date June 10th 2019. Visit http://admissions.nish.ac.in
1. DECSE (HI) - Diploma in Early Childhood Special Education (Hearing Impairment)
2. DISLI - Diploma in Indian Sign Language Interpreting
Online application form can be submitted through http://www.rehabcouncil.nic.in/default.aspx
Date of commencement of online registration is 01st Feb 2019.
The last date to submit online application form is 15th March 2019.
1. Bachelor of Audiology & Speech Language Pathology (BASLP)
2. MSc. in Audiology *
3. MSc. in Speech-Language Pathology *
*(Awaiting approval from KUHS)
For more details visit our admission site http://admissions.nish.ac.in/