“Accurate diagnosis is the key to effective rehabilitation”.
Hearing evaluation at NISH is carried out using state-of-art audiologic tests equipments by qualified professionals. Catering a wide range of population including neonates to geriatrics, the hearing evaluation includes both subjective and objective measures.
Sound treated rooms compliant to international standards for audiologic test set up are maintained and utilized at NISH for hearing evaluation. Once the diagnosis is formulated, detailed counselling regarding the diagnosis, habilitation/ rehabilitation/ follow ups are given to the patient/ caretaker. Nominal rates are charged for each test.
Tests available in the Department
- Pure Tone Audiometry
- Speech Audiometry
- Behavioral Observation Audiometry / Conditioned Play Audiometry / Visual Reinforcement Audiometry
- Immittance Audiometry
- Oto Acoustic Emissions- Screening/ Diagnostics
- Auditory Brainstem Responses (BERA)
- Auditory Steady State Responses (ASSR)
- Evoked potentials including MLR, LLR
- Vestibular Evoked Myogenic Potentials (VEMP)
- Special tests for differential diagnosis.
Things to note before appearing for a hearing evaluation:
- The hearing evaluations are based on prior appointment.
- Clinic timings are from 8.30 AM - 4.30 PM
- Hearing evaluation is based on an appointment system which can be taken through telephone/ in person.
- For paediatrics, we request the parents to carry a prescription of sedation dosage from a physician since the objective measures of hearing evaluation require the child to be sedated.
- Before appearing for a hearing evaluation, it would be best if you can pay a visit to ENT physician and get an ENT clearance.
- Kindly bring all relevant available medical records and evaluation reports.
- Kindly appear for the test in time and avoid testing when you suffer from any contagious disease.
For appointments contact: + 91 471 2944666
For any queries, contact:
Ms. SaumyaSundaram, MASLP
Dept of ASLP, NISH, NISH Road, Sreekariyam P. O.
Thiruvananathapuram 695 017
+ 91 471 2944650