1. Kerala-Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC) partner with the Social Justice Department (SJD), namely National Institute for Speech and Hearing (NISH) and Kerala Social Security Mission (KSSM) to organize an Innovation/Talent Search for youth with a disability. The Innovation/Talent aims to identify 100 youth with disability (YwDs) between the ages of 15 and 40 who stand out as being motivated, creative, talented and passionate, and with the potential to think differently and innovate when placed in a supportive and facilitating environment.
2. The last date for submitting the application form is January 31, 2019.
3. All residents of Kerala between the ages of 15 and 40 with benchmark disabilities and with proven records of talents and other capabilities are eligible to participate. Youth with Disability includes those who have long-term physical, mental, intellectual or sensory impairments which hinder their full and effective participation in society on an equal basis with others.
4. Disability shall include anyone with a disability of 40% or more.
5. Specifically, nominations are invited from those with:
a. Group I - Visual Disability:
b. Low Vision
b. Group II – Auditory Disability:
b. Hard of hearing,
c. Speech and Language Disability
c. Group III- Locomotor Disability:
a. Leprosy cured,
c. Acid Attack Victim,
d. Sickle cell anemia,
d. Group IV - Intellectual Disability:
a. Autism Spectrum Disorder,
b. Learning Disability,
c. Mental Illness
e. Group V – Other Disability:
a. Cerebral Palsy,
b. Muscular Dystrophy,
c. Multiple Sclerosis
f.Group VI – Multiple Disabilities
6. Talents or innovations (doing anything differently from usual or producing an application that is new or different) are invited in the following 8 categories:
7. Each Applicant can apply for two of the above areas.
8. Applications can be submitted by the applicants, their parents, legal guardian, teachers, and counselors on behalf of the applicant.
9. The applicant can only apply online through the links given below:
10. The applicant should duly fill out details like name, email id, mobile number, etc., required in the form as per instructions given thereof.
11. Where the applicant finds it difficult to apply online, the applicant may seek support at the nearest Akshaya Centre, where help will be provided to file the application form for the Applicant(s), free of charge.
12. Any false information or misrepresentation in the application will lead to disqualification at any stages of the events.
13. Please make sure the following documents are ready before you start to fill the application form
15. For any assistance or information, you can contact the helpline. #1800-120-1001(toll-free)